Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Break Goodies--Part 1

(As always, these types of posts are not intended to be braggy.  I am curious about what others buy and I know that a bunch of you are curious little buggers too!  So without further ado, on with the goodies!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello my lovelies! 

As of last Friday, I am on Spring Break!  Although it's only been a few days, I've been having an awesome time just relaxing and not having to worry about course work.  One of the highlights has been getting out and being able to go to stores that I don't have near school.  I went to Forever 21, Wetseal, Aerie, American Eagle, etc. but oddly enough I didn't find anything that I had to have in any of those stores.  The place that I had the most luck was JCPenney!  I was able to find FIVE skirts that are all nice, light, and summery which can be purchased here: Coral/Yellow Flowers (top right), Daisy (bottom left), Black (bottom right)


I was also able to find a Coral colored dress that has little cutouts all over.  I think that this will be the dress that I wear for graduation in May!  Unfortunately I was unable to find this on the JCPenney website.


I also stopped by Ulta and TJMaxx while I was out and picked up these three gems.  The two NYX products are from the GLAM Lipstick Aqua Luxe collection and they were on clearance at ULTA for $2.99 a piece because the colors have been discontinued.  The one on the left is in the color Razzle Dazzle and the one on the right is in the color Lotus.  I've only had them a couple of days, but they gave me a great first impression!  These slide onto the lips very fluidly and they feel very light when on.  There is a hint of glitter in these that makes the lips sparkle a bit, so they aren't quite matte, but they are great so far!

The Butter London nail polish in the center I found at TJMaxx for $6.99!  It was so much cheaper than other places that I have looked, so I knew I had to grab it!  Plus, this purchase allows me to cross yet another thing off my "Products I Want to Try in 2014" list :)  I picked this up in the color Thames which is a gorgeous blue/green color.  I can honestly say that the color you see in the bottle is the color that appears on the nail and I'm eager to find more of these!


I also stopped by Ocean State Job Lot and found these Milani lipglosses.  I got a 
3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss in the shade In Vogue for $1.50, a lipgloss in the shade Red Delicious for $.75, two Haute Flash lipglosses in the shades Hot Flash and Golden Flash for $1.50 each, and a Glitzy Glamour Gloss in the shade 50 Center Stage for $1.50.  All of these are very pigmented and the red ones give off that perfect candy apple red smile when worn while the pink and brown ones are more subdued.  My only complaint is that the Red Delicious gloss (second one from the left) is very matte and looks like more of a lipstick when worn instead of a gloss.  Other than that, no harm done, it will still get used!

Stay tuned for part 2!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've found some great things. The skirts are so lovely!

    http//lifeofannas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete